Types of Personal Information We Collect
Personal Information is information that can be used to identify, locate, or contact an individual. It also includes other information that may be associated with Personal Information. We collect the following types of Personal Information:
- Contact Information that allows us to communicate with you, such as your name, postal addresses, email addresses, social media website user account names, telephone numbers, or other addresses at which you receive communications from or on behalf of FAD.LY.
- Relationship Information that helps us to understand who you are and what types of things you might like. This includes lifestyle information; location information related to your state/province, city, or neighborhood; areas of interest, the types of offers that interest you, information collected from social media interactions (such as via Facebook Connect); demographic information (e.g., birth date, age, gender); and information about friends who refer you or who you have referred.
- Transaction Information such as, but not limited to, reviews you read and create, your Financial Account numbers when transacting through us, fulfilling orders you place, and other information you choose to submit; other information about how you use our Site, Services, email, other communications, and applications; and how you interact with FAD.LY merchants, business partners, and service providers.
- Mobile Location Information to help us offer you nearby things in real-time, if you have activated one of our mobile applications and permitted your mobile or other location-aware device to transmit location data.
How FAD.LY Collects Personal Information
- We ask you for Personal Information (including Contact Information, Relationship Information, Transaction Information) when you register, create an account, make a purchase, populate your profile, or otherwise interact with the Site and Services or contact FAD.LY. Remember, you can always choose not to provide information required to make a purchase (especially those requesting your personal information or data). However, sometimes this will prevent you from completing the purchase.
- We also collect Transaction Information if you contact us via telephone, email, text, postal mail, social media interaction, or other methods of communication, such as for customer support purposes.
- If you use a social media platform or your mobile device (or other method of communication) to interact with FAD.LY Site and Services, the application may have a specific privacy statement that governs the use of Personal Information related to that application. Our application may be designed to collect information even if you are not logged into the FAD.LY application or the Site and Services. If you have questions about the security and privacy settings of your mobile device, please refer to instructions from your mobile service provider or the manufacturer of your device to learn how to adjust your settings.
- We may receive additional Personal Information from third parties. We may use this Personal Information to enhance other information we have about you to help us better understand you and to otherwise enhance the Site and Services.
How FAD.LY Uses Personal Information
FAD.LY uses Personal Information to:
- Operate and improve our Site and Services;
- Provide customers with enticing products/services, including products/services based on variables such as stated and anticipated customer interests, personal characteristics, or location;
- Evaluate eligibility of customers for certain offers, products or services;
- Evaluate the types of offers, products or services that may be of interest to customers;
- Track purchases and perform other analytics;
- Fulfill requests for FAD.LY services;
- Provide customer support, including our business partners;
- Communicate and provide additional information that may be of interest to you about FAD.LY and our business partners, such as FAD.LY news, special offers, announcements, and marketing materials;
- Send you reminders, technical notices, updates, security alerts and support and administrative messages service bulletins, or marketing;
- Provide advertisements to you through the Site and Services, email messages, text messages, applications, or other methods of communication;
- Manage our everyday business needs such as Site and Services administration, Site and Services management, transactions, fulfillment, analytics, fraud prevention, enforcement of our corporate reporting obligations, Terms and Conditions or to comply with the law
When and Why FAD.LY Discloses Personal Information
We will not disclose your Personal Information to third parties except to:
- Affiliated companies (e.g., subsidiaries and other companies owned by or controlled by FAD.LY) who may only use the Personal Information for the purposes described in the "How FAD.LY Uses Personal Information" section above.
- Our service providers that provide services for us. Our service providers are bound by law or contract to protect the Personal Information and are only allowed to use the Personal Information in accordance with the terms of our service agreements with them.
- FAD.LY business partners or advertisers, as part of an activity that is provided by or in conjunction with FAD.LY and its business partners and in which you have elected to participate.
- Effect a merger, acquisition, or otherwise; to support the sale or transfer of business assets; to enforce our rights or protect our property; to protect the rights, property or safety of others, investigate fraud, respond to a government request; or as needed to support auditing, compliance, and corporate governance functions. We may also disclose Personal Information to defend ourselves in litigation or a regulatory action, and when required or advised to do so by law, such as in response to a subpoena, or similar legal process, including to law enforcement agencies, regulators, and courts in the United States and other countries where we operate. If FAD.LY is involved in a merger, acquisition, or sale of all or a portion of its assets, you will be notified via email and/or prominent notice on our Site and/or Services of any change in ownership or uses of your Personal Information, as well as any choices you may have regarding your Personal Information.
- We may share the information in your FAD.LY account (including your Personal Information) with the Social Networking Sites that you have linked to your FAD.LY account. For instance, Users can post recent activity on our Site and Services back to their Facebook and Twitter accounts.
Accessing and Correcting Personal Information
- Keeping Personal Information about you current helps ensure that we offer you the best experience through our Site and Services in collaboration with our business partners. You can do several things to help keep Personal Information about you current. You can access, update and delete information you provided to use in your profile by logging into your account and accessing the "Profile" section of the Site or sending us an email at support(at)fad.ly.
- If you want to close your account or have other questions or requests, please contact us at support(at)fad.ly. While we are ready to assist you in managing your subscriptions, closing your account, and removing your active profile, we cannot always delete records of past interactions and transactions.
What other information does FAD.LY Collect?
- Usage data. We collect usage data about you whenever you interact with our Site and Services. This may include, not limited to, purchases, which webpages you visit, what you click on, when you performed those actions, and so on. Additionally, as with most websites today, our web servers keep log files that record data each time a device accesses those servers. The log files contain data about the nature of each access, including originating IP addresses.
- Device data. We collect data from the device and application you use to access our Site and Services, such as your IP address and browser type. We may also infer your geographic location based on your IP address. Your IP address will be linked to your purchases.
- Referral data. We record information about the source that referred you to our Site and Services (e.g. a link on a website or in an email).
- Information from page tags. We use third party tracking services that employ cookies and page tags (also known as web beacons) to collect aggregated and anonymized data about visitors to our websites. This data includes usage and user statistics.
Cookies and Related Technology
When you use our Sites, we collect certain information by automated or electronic means, using technologies such as cookies, pixel tags and web beacons, browser analysis tools, and web server logs. As you use our Sites and applications, your browser and devices communicate with servers operated by us, our business partners and services providers to coordinate and record the interactivity and fill your requests for services and information.
The information from cookies and related technology is stored in web server logs and also in web cookies kept on your computers or mobile devices, which are then transmitted back to our Site and Services by your computers or mobile devices. These servers are operated and the cookies managed by us, our business partners or our service providers.
A "cookie" is a small amount of information that a web server sends to your browser that stores information about your account, your preferences, and your use of the Sites. Some cookies contain serial numbers that allow us to connect your Site and Services activity with other information we store about you in your profile or as related to your interactions with the Sites. Cookies allow us to recognize you when you return, track and target your interests in order to provide a customized experience. They also help us provide a customized experience and help us to detect certain kinds of fraud.
Some cookies are temporary, whereas others may be configured to last longer. "Session" cookies are temporary cookies used for various reasons, such as to manage page views. Your browser usually erases session cookies once you exit your browser. "Persistent" cookies are more permanent cookies that are stored on your computers or mobile devices even beyond when you exit your browser. We use persistent cookies for a number of purposes, such as retrieving certain information you have previously provided, and storing your preferences (e.g., the cities for which you want to be shown polls).
Pixel tags and web beacons are tiny graphic images placed on website pages or in our emails that allow us to determine whether you have performed specific actions. When you access these pages or open email messages, the pixel tags and web beacons generate a notice of that action to us, or our service providers. These tools allow us to measure response to our communications and improve our web pages and promotions.
We collect many different types of information from cookies and other technologies. For example, we may collect information from the devices you use to access our Site and Services, your operating system type or mobile device model, browser type, domain, and other system settings, as well as the language your system uses and the country and time zone of your device. Browsers routinely send these types of information to web servers. Our server logs also record the Internet Protocol ("IP") addresses of the devices you use to interact with the Site and Services. An IP address is a unique identifier that devices use to identify and communicate with each other on the Internet. We may also collect information about the website you were visiting before you came to our Site and Services and the website you visit after you leave our Site, if this information is supplied to us by your browser.
In many cases, the information we collect using cookies and other tools is used in non-identifiable ways, without any reference to Personal Information. In other cases, we associate the information we collect using cookies and related technologies with Personal Information. In that case, this Privacy Statement governs how we use that information.
You may manage how your browser handles cookies and related technologies by adjusting its privacy and security settings. Browsers are different, so refer to instructions related to your browser to learn about cookie-related and other privacy and security settings that may be available. You can opt-out of being targeted by certain third party advertising companies online at www.networkadvertising.org/consumer/opt_out.asp or http://preferences.truste.com/truste/.
Your choices regarding information
- You can manage your email and notice preferences by following subscription management instructions contained in the commercial e-mails that we send you. You may choose to subscribe to some types of messages, and may choose to unsubscribe from others. You may update your subscription preferences at any time. Please note that even if you unsubscribe from promotional email messages, we may still need to contact you with important transactional information related to your account and your purchases.
- Cookies. If you decide at any time that you no longer wish to accept cookies from our Service for any of the purposes described above, then you can instruct your browser, by changing its settings, to stop accepting cookies or to prompt you before accepting a cookie from the websites you visit. If you do not accept cookies, however, you may not be able to use all portions of the Site or all functionality of the Services.
- De-Linking Social Networking Sites. If you decide at any time that you no longer wish to have your SNS account (e.g., Facebook or Twitter) linked to your FAD.LY account, then you may de-link the Social Networking Site account by logging into said Social Network and removing FAD.LY from your list of installed applications.
- Location through Mobile. You may manage how your mobile device and mobile browser share Location Information with FAD.LY, as well as how your mobile browser handles cookies and related technologies by adjusting your mobile device privacy and security settings. Please refer to instructions provided by your mobile service provider or the manufacturer of your device to learn how to adjust your settings.
The Ability Of Others To View Your Information
Helping you to protect your information is a vital part of our mission. It is up to you to make sure you are comfortable with the information you choose to provide us and the information you choose to publish. You understand that when you use FAD.LY, certain information you post or provide through FAD.LY, such as your name, profile, comments, and reviews, may be shared with other users and posted on publicly available portions of FAD.LY, including without limitation, social media applications and other public fora in which you choose to participate. Please keep in mind that if you choose to disclose Personal Information when posting comments or other information or content through FAD.LY, this information may become publicly available and may be collected and used by others, including people outside the FAD.LY community. We will not have any obligations with respect to any information that you post to parts of FAD.LY available to others, and recommend that you use caution when giving out personal information to others through social media networks or otherwise.
Third Party Sites And Advertising
We are committed to protecting the security of your Personal Information. We use a variety of industry-standard security technologies and procedures to help protect your Personal Information from unauthorized access, use, or disclosure. Even though we have taken significant steps to protect your Personal Information, no company, including us, can fully eliminate security risks associated with Personal Information.
Changes to this Privacy Statement
From time to time, we may update this Privacy Statement to clarify our practices or to reflect new or different privacy practices, such as when we add new features to our Site and Services. If we make any material changes we will notify you by email (sent to the email address specified in your account) or by means of notice on the Site and/or Services prior to the change becoming effective. We encourage you to periodically review this page for the latest information about our privacy practices.
California Residents: Your California Privacy Rights
Pursuant to Section 1798.83 of the California Civil Code, residents of California can obtain certain information about the types of Personal Information that companies with whom they have an established business relationship have shared with third parties for direct marketing purposes during the proceeding calendar year. In particular, the law provides that companies must inform consumers about the categories of Personal Information that have been shared with third parties, the names and addresses of those third parties, and examples of the types of services or products marketed by those third parties. If you choose to opt-out at any time after granting approval, email support(at)fad.ly.